Most people associate bentonite clay with face masks and body wraps. Drinking clay is becoming more popular as people are looking to more natural, time-tested remedies for common ailments. One of the most common bentonite clay uses is an intestinal detoxifier. Many people suffering with digestive issues including acid reflux, heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome, food allergies and leaky gut can benefit from drinking clay. Calcium bentonite clay is also used to clear up skin conditions including eczema. Skin is the backup system for the liver. When the liver is overtaxed, the skin takes on additional detoxification functions. It too can get overwhelmed, evidenced by rashes, psoriasis, eczema and other skin problems. Drinking food grade bentonite clay cleans the gut of toxins, irritants, allergens, parasites and other noxious elements that the liver would ordinarily process. When the liver doesn’t have to work as hard, the skin doesn’t have to work overtime and skin conditions often resolve. Our clay powder, Drinking Powder, is the same as our bentonite clay for dogs and other animals, Animin. Calcium bentonite clay doesn’t know if it’s working in the gut of a child, an adult person or an animal. It just goes to work detoxifying the gut and restoring the body to homeostasis so it can heal itself.
How to Mix Drinking Clay
The easiest way to use bentonite clay internally is to mix up a batch. Add 1 part food grade bentonite clay to 8 parts clean, filtered water. Using a 32 ounce bottle, add 4 ounces of calcium bentonite clay powder to the bottle. Then fill the bottle with water. This will result in a quart of drinking clay that can be consumed daily. The clay will settle over time, so shake the bottle well before drinking it. We suggest drinking 1 ounce per day of the bentonite clay drink during the first week, followed by two ounces per day the second week.
How Long Should You Drink Clay?
Clay works best when consumed over a long period of time. Clay does not offer instant cures for ailments but rather assists the body to fight against toxic attacks. We live in a polluted world and the liver and kidneys are always working overtime. Clay helps them rest.
Clay is not addictive; you can stop at any time without any type of withdrawls. We recommend an ounce or two everyday.