The human body has its own ways of getting rid of toxins from our body. For instance, the liver absorbs toxic substances and then releases it from the body through urine, sweat, and feces. Although our body is designed to do these tasks regularly, sometimes, your body’s vital organs need to rest and recover in order to function well.
By doing a proper detox, you’re doing your body a favor. Learn more about the benefits of taking a detox below:
- Remove toxins from the body
- We have a limited control over the toxins we are being exposed to every day. From the food we eat, to the air we breathe, all contains toxins harmful chemicals. A proper detox decreases the amount of toxic substances you take in daily.
- Induce weight loss
- The accumulation of toxins in our body can sometimes result to bloating and increase in weight. By doing a proper detox, you can remove those toxins and start toning up.
- Strengthen Immune System
- Toxins cause illnesses that keep our body from functioning well. When you detox, you help your body absorb the nutrients well, improving your immune system.
- Better Skin
- A clay bath has been used for ages to naturally and safely remove toxins from the body. It prevents skin irritation, acne, and bites.
Clay detox is now taking off as a wellness trend—even celebrities Zoe Kravitz and Shailene Woodley are doing it. This type of detoxification method involves a bentonite clay found in Wyoming. It gets rid of the impurities our keeps your body nourished by leaving minerals such as with calcium, magnesium, silica, sodium, copper, iron, and potassium.