Bentonite clay, also referred to as the healing clay, has already become popular as a wellness trend because of its health benefits. It is used as a natural remedy by people who are looking for a safe and effective way to get rid of toxins from their body.
The said healing clay comes in two different varieties. This is why, before deciding to do a clay cleanse, you must first be acquainted of its forms and the elements each clay is made up. Here’s a quick summary of the two:
Sodium Bentonity Clay
- Contains a higher amount of sodium than a calcium bentonite clay
- Highly porous
- When hydrated, it can expand into 15 times its original size/volume
- Usually sold as edible clay and is ideal when paired with apple cider vinegar
Sodium Bentonite Clay
- Also called Calcium Montmorillonite
- Known for its binding properties that help the body eliminate toxins, heavy metals, and other impurities
- Has no consumption restrictions
- Smooth and has no unpleasant taste and smell
- Best when used as an internal clay cleanse and detoxification
- Can also be applied on the surface of the skin with acne, infections, and others
Although sodium and calcium bentonite clays differ in some ways, they both offer a lot of benefits for to people without causing irritation.