The most common type of anemia is iron deficiency anaemia. It is characterized by below-normal number of red blood cells caused by excessive blood loss. Women with heavy period, expectant moms, and children are at risk of developing anaemia because of the increased of demand for iron in their bodies. This is treated with iron supplementation and proper diet.
Anemia are caused by a lot of factors. Different types of anemia and their causes include:
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia- This occurs when the bloodstream does not have enough red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body.
- Aplastic Anaemia- This type of anaemia is characterized by low production of new red blood cells.
- Haemolytic Anaemia- The red blood cells in the bloodstream dies or are destroyed earlier than its normal lifespan.
- Thalassaemia- This is a type of inherited blood disorder that cause the body to produce few red blood cells.
- Sickle Cell Anaemia- Sickle Cell Anaemia is characterized by the production of sickle-shaped red blood cells which contain hemoglobin.
- Pernicious Anaemia- The body is not able to produce healthy red blood cells because of lack of vitamin B12.
- Fanconi Anaemia- This condition is a result of bone marrow failure caused by an inherited disorder.
Anaemia is often caused by a lack of iron. Eating a well-balanced diet is the best solution to prevent iron deficiency that can soon develop to anemia. You can also try food fortification and taking supplements as an alternative way to get nutrients.
Bentonite clay is enriched with trace minerals such as potassium, iron, and magnesium. By mixing a tablespoon of bentonite clay with water, you create an instant drink that will make up for the nutrients your body needs.