Our pets have no control over the chemicals they take in on a daily basis. Heavy metals and other chemicals, when accumulated in their bodies, can cause health problems and other diseases.
Ethoxyquin is one of the most common additives used in commercial pet foods. In the last years, its presence in animal feeds has been criticized because of its side effects on the digestive health of animals.
Aside from commercial pet foods, there are many other sources of toxins our pets are exposed to. These include the following:
- Tap Water
- Drugs or medicines such as flea collars and drops
- Fire retardants and antimicrobials from bedding sheets and accessories
- Fertilizers as they walk outside your home (in the garden or lawn)
- Grooming products such as shampoo, soap, and flea powder
- Teflon chemicals from the kitchen tools such as non-stick pan and more
We cannot help our beloved furry friends from getting exposed to heavy metals and other toxins from the environment they live in. Good thing, you can always use calcium bentonite clay as a detoxification tool to help your pets rid impurities off their body. It is also ideal for animals with arthritis, kidney failure, and other illnesses caused by too much toxins.