Your pets ingest heavy metals on a regular basis. In fact, almost everything in their environment is secretly hiding toxins: food, water, medications, and vaccinations.
One of the most common chemicals found in their food is a preservative called Ethoxyquin. Used to keep kibbles dry, this toxic chemical has been linked to many kinds of cancers in both humans and animals. Aside from this, there are a lot of other sources of environmental toxins our cats and dogs come in contact with every day. These include the following:
- Tap Water
- Drugs and other synthetic medications
- Bedding sheets and accessories that contain fire retardants and antimicrobials
- Garden and lawn where pesticide or fertilizers are used to maintain its lush
- Grooming products such as shampoo, soap, and flea powder
- Pans, cooking pots, and other kitchenware containing Teflon chemicals.
While we cannot totally avoid toxic chemicals from our environment, you can help your pets reduce toxic load by doing a clay cleansing on a regular basis. Clay cleanse uses bentonite clay to draw out toxins and other unwanted elements from your pet’s system. Simply mix the clay powder with water and apply it on their skin.