There are a lot of detoxification methods that focus on cleansing your digestive track and liver. Although it is important to regularly do an internal detox, our skin, which is always exposed to everyday pollution and other stress, needs some TLC as well. Thanks to clay baths, your skin gets to experience some pampering too.
Bentonite clay baths have been used for ages to naturally and safely remove toxins from the body. Here are a few reasons why you should start using bentonite clay as a detoxifying bath:
- It has a natural pulling action on your skin.
- Bentonite clay has binding properties that can absorb impurities such as heavy metals and toxins, leaving your skin free from skin-damaging elements.
- It is made from aged-volcanic ash packed with skin-nourishing nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, silica, sodium, copper, iron, and potassium. These minerals do not necessarily aid in the detoxification but these soothe your skin and speed up healing of various skin problems caused by allergies, wounds, and burns.
- It contains silica or silicon dioxide, an earth mineral usually found in clay. Silica plays a vital role in forming connective tissue, improving the proliferation of skin cells, and increasing acid that keeps your skin soft, hydrated, and supple.
- It soothes the skin from rashes, allergies, and irritation from insect bites and stings.
- It reduces constipation, bloating, indigestion, and other digestive track problems.
Take a bentonite clay bath once a week for best results. You can also use bentonite clay as a face mask by adding water in the powder mixture of the clay.