Many of our customers are also fans of raw foods. This recipe comes from Farnoosh Brock of Prolific Living. We’ve modified it by adding 1/3 cup pure calcium bentonite clay for internal use. Walnuts or cashews can be substituted for almonds and dates, raisins or other dried fruit can be substituted for the figs. Non-raw ingredients can of course also be substituted.
- 1.5 cups raw almonds
- 1/3 cup pure calcium bentonite clay
- ~15 dried figs
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup filtered water
1. Blend the almonds and clay in a food processor for about 30 seconds until you have a fine consistency.
2. Add the figs and cacao powder to the food processor; blend for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the coconut powder and pulse 5 times.
4. Add the water and pulse 5 times or until the mixture begins to solidify.
5. Spread the mixture onto one half of a small baking tray lined with parchment paper; fold the parchment paper over the mixture and mold the mixture into a block approximately 1″ thick.
6. Place the baking tray into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
7. Remove the tray from the refrigerator and cut the block into bite-sized pieces.