Many of our customers are also fans of raw foods. This recipe comes from Kim Gonzales of Lifestyle and Fashion Place and has a lot going for it in terms of nutrition AND deliciousness! I’ve modified it by adding 1/4 cup pure calcium bentonite clay. Be sure the clay you add is intended for internal use. Not all clays on the market are meant to be ingested, so ask the vendor to be sure.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure calcium bentonite clay for internal use
- 2 packs of stevia
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or nut of your choice
- Place milk, banana, cinnamon, cocoa, mint and stevia in blender.
- Mix until smooth and pour into mixing bowl.
- Grind chia seeds in blender, coffee mill, or food processor. These may be added whole, however some people are turned off by a tapioca consistency in their food, so grinding the seeds eliminates this.
- Mix dry clay and chia seeds together in separate bowl.
- Slowly add chia and clay mix to wet ingredients and mix with whisk.
- Put in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove from frig and mix again with wire whisk. Put back in refrigerator.
- Remove from frig a second time and mix again with wire whisk. Put back in refrigerator.
- Keep in mixing bowl, or pour into individual serving bowls.
- Cover and let sit over night in the refrigerator.
- Top with nuts just before serving.