We are always on the lookout for nutritious, easy recipes that can have pure calcium bentonite clay added to them. Finding foods to add calcium bentonite clay to is an easy way to get clay into your diet so that you can reap all its benefits. To watch a video of this recipe, please visit our YouTube channel.
Recently Jorge Cruise, author of The Belly Fat Cure was on The Dr. Oz show talking about his weight loss plan. The book is well worth the small investment. In his book, Jorge shows you how to swap out processed carbs and sugars for healthier options. One of the recipes he made on the show was his energy bar replacement “skinny muffin”.
It contains carbs, fat and protein, which many believe are essential to have in combination. The fat comes from the coconut oil and while it *is* a saturated fat, coconut oil has many benefits, despite propaganda spread by the corn and soybean trade associations. (Stay tuned to this blog for a book review of The Coconut Oil Miracle coming soon!)
We’ve taken Jorge’s recipe and modified it just a bit to incorporate calcium bentonite clay. We also added dried fruit to make it even more delicious! You could also add chocolate chips if that makes it more appetizing to you. You could even make it savory by substituting turmeric or other spices for the stevia. This is super easy to make and the ingredients list is short. Most – if not all of them – you likely have on hand in your kitchen already. This muffin has real STAYING POWER and should keep you from snacking until lunchtime. And of course, there’s nothing to stop you from making several and popping them in the freezer to save time!
We use a microwave in this recipe but you can also put the coffee cup you make it in, in a convection oven, provided the cup is oven proof. While some people believe microwaving adversely affects water and other foods, baking clay at 350 – 450 degrees is not actually hot enough to modify or damage the clay crystal matrix. After all, it started it’s life as hot volcanic lava from deep beneath the earth’s surface, right??
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (or chia seed)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Stevia extract or raw sugar
- 1 tsp pure calcium bentonite clay
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg white substitute
- Raisins, dried cranberries or other dried fruit of your choice (optional)
- Grind flaxseed or chia seeds in coffee grinder or blender.
- Add dry ingredients and blend a nanosecond more.
- Rub coconut oil (solid) around bottom and side of coffee cup.
- Add coconut oil and egg to coffee cup and whisk with fork. Don’t worry if coconut oil is a chunk. (It will melt in the oven).
- Add dry ingredients and fruit and mix with fork until blended.
- Microwave for 50 seconds.
- Remove from cup and enjoy!