Adding clay to recipes is an easy way to incorporate living clay into your diet or the diet of a skeptical loved one! These delicious detox granola bars are a scrumptious way to enjoy the benefits of bentonite clay for internal use. As autumn approaches,we all look forward to hearty foods that fill the belly and warm the heart. Granola Bar are perfect for on the go snacking or breakfast as they pack a punch of protein, fiber, and clay for long lasting satisfaction.
Clay for Internal Use
Calcium bentonite clay has an amazing balancing effect on the body’s pH. As an alkaline compound with a pH of roughly 9.7, the clay counteracts acidity in the body, often created by acidic foods. When taken internally, the clay will also boost your body’s natural healing abilities. As it passes through the body it will detox the body of toxins and impurities, making it easier for your liver and kidneys to function properly.
How to Make Homemade Granola Bars with Bentonite Clay
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup loosely chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup loosely chopped Dried Apple Chips
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 6-8 Medjool Dates
- 1/4 cup Earth’s Natural Clay Drinking Powder
- (optional) 1/4 cup of Raisins
- Food Processor
- Small Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Large Glass or Wooden Mixing Bowl
- Wax Paper
- Baking pan with lip
- Cutting board/knife
For detailed directions, please watch the video above.
- Run dates through Food Processor.
- Warm honey and peanut butter on the stove.
- Add oats, apple chips, and walnut to a large mixing bowl.
- Remove honey peanut butter mixture from heat and add Earth’s Natural Bentonite Clay Drinking Powder, stirring thoroughly.
- Combine peanut butter mix to the oat mix. Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in dates. *If you choose to use your hands to combine dates with oats, let the mix cool first so you don’t burn your fingers.*
- Line pan with wax paper and add granola mix.
- Fold over wax paper and use rolling pin to spread evenly.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes (up to 2 hours).
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
These bar can be stored in the fridge for immediate use or put in the freezer for long term storage.
Earth’s Natural dry powder drinking clay is among those safe for internal consumption. In addition, Earth’s Natural offers bath clay for external use only. When comparing clays for internal use, it’s important to follow manufacturer’s recommendations on use, as some are intended solely for external use. To learn more about the differences between these, see Compare Clays under the Learn section of this website.